Ever wondered how a person ends up believing in God? One day they are saying they would never become a Christian and then next thing you know, they are inviting you to Church! On this blog, some people have volunteered to share how they became Christians. Feel free to explore the different stories at your own convenience.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Faithful Love

This is Tim Wu's story.

I grew up in a Christian family, and every week I attended church. I also went to a Christian secondary school. I was baptized as a child in Trueway Presbyterian Church. Through the years, I’ve delayed reaffirming my faith, coming up with various excuses.

Even though I fell away from God, the Lord has still blessed me in all manners. Whenever I feel down, or burdened by problems, the Lord is always by my side, carrying me through. In His wonderful and mysterious ways, He always manages to pull me back to him every single time. It was grace that I managed to enroll into my Law Degree.

It was also God’s planning that I should be given the chance to reaffirm my faith, as I had no chance back at Trueway, as I was travelling between Singapore and Australia. Therefore, I am grateful for this chance given unto me to reaffirm my faith in BPCWA.

I continue to have questions in my life, and the Lord is slowly teaching me, guiding me through the Bible, and prayer. During tough periods, my faith is strengthened through prayer, and all my troubles are resolved by the Lord. I hope to improve my personal relationship with Lord and lead a better life as a Christian.

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” (Isaiah 41:10)

No comments: