Ever wondered how a person ends up believing in God? One day they are saying they would never become a Christian and then next thing you know, they are inviting you to Church! On this blog, some people have volunteered to share how they became Christians. Feel free to explore the different stories at your own convenience.

Monday, August 4, 2008

God’s Chatisement and Kindness

This is Adrian Ng's story

Being born in a Christian family, one’s salvation is often overlooked. I was in this perplexing situation for years. In the past, many people would ask why I’d believe in Jesus, "My parents believe in Jesus, that’s why I believe", that’s my swift reply. Thank God for bringing me to Australia in January 2007, and then I realized that salvation is never inherited by family tradition, but is the personal relationship with God.I was a young man who was selfish and vulgar and only cared about things concerning pride of life. As a worldly person, everyone wants to be famous, but academically, I am not any good. I decided to show off myself in action through dancing. At first many people opposed me for this choice, thinking there is no future in it. However I knew that I could be a pioneer due to this reason. Introduced by a friend, I entered a dancing academy, I learned everything a beginner has to learn in only three months; I even went beyond some seniors. My tutor realized my potential and decided to promote me. I said to myself, this is a great chance, and I must treasure it. Things didn’t happen as I expected; I injured myself during a practice, and the joint on my left arm was dislocated. At first I thought it was just a minor sprain, so I didn’t pay attention, as there was a performance that evening. I consulted a doctor a few days later; he told me it would take three months for my arm to recover and so my tutor allowed me to get rest. During recovery, I never visited the academy, but when I returned, my tutor’s attitude toward me totally changed, as if telling me I am trash, there’s no more value in me. I thank God for showing me one fact, under whatever circumstances, He will still say, " I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." It seems that God was punishing me, but in fact, God saved me. If those things had not happened, I would not have returned to God, enjoying His matchless love, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:23) God uses different ways to deliver us from the world and sins, "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." (I Corinthians 2:9)I truly began to know God in Australia. I could feel His love for me, and His amazing works. Looking back on His arrangements, preparations and guidance, I realized God has always been leading and keeping me. March 2007, I returned to God and prayed the prayer of repentance. Since then, my life began to change. God led me to study here, to learn how to evangelize, to know His Word, to pray and even how to serve God. In the past, I only knew what happiness was, but now I know what joy is, for God is my source of joy; only God’s joy can last forever. "Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (I Thessalonians 5:16-18). The joy from God can never gain in this sinful world. Before I landed in Australia, the church I used to attend asked if I want to get baptized. I rejected them immediately without giving any reason, due to this question. I clearly saw my relationship with God, at first was very uncertain, even no relationship. But it’s different now, I know I am a child of God, my life’s purpose is to glorify God, the pride of life has no meaning anymore, for it is only temporary, "While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal." (II Corinthians 4:18) Since then, I believe whenever I face difficulties, I will claim God’s promises. Have not I commanded thee (Adrian Ng)? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou (Adrian Ng) dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee (Adrian Ng) whithersoever thou goest. (Joshua 1:9)

No comments: